Cellulite Treatments at LAB Skin Clinic, Neutral Bay – Call 02 9909 3602
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a condition that causes both men and women, but usually women, embarrassment. Commonly misunderstood to be simply fat, cellulite is actually a build-up of fat just beneath the skin, which pushes against the connective tissue, this causes the area to pucker and look uneven. While it is a perfectly normal and natural occurrence in the body, there are a number of ways to treat cellulite.
Firstly, it’s important to consider the causal factors of cellulite and to consider what aspects of your lifestyle you can alter to address the issue. Things such as a lack of physical activity, dehydration, fad dieting and poor diet can all play a hand in the development of cellulite. Also, a slow metabolism or hormonal changes can make a difference, which, when regulated, may slow the process of cellulite development.
- Massage & Sauna Wraps: these treatments can have a temporary effect on cellulite and so are more of ‘quick fix’ option. Massages do not remove all cellulite but will assist in removing excess fluid from under the skin.
- Laser Removal: this method uses laser light energy to melt away the fat under the skin, break up fibres and stimulate collagen production.
- Body Boost Bed: is a multi-frequency LED procedure that helps improve the production of collagen & elastin and improves skin health
- Micro-Needling: has a positive effect cellulite as well as stretch marks.
- Physiolift: this body electrotherapy device targets adipose membranes to break down fat, counteract fluid retention, tone and distribute active ingredients, boost circulation, and increase collagen production – thereby decreasing the appearance of cellulite beneath the skin.
Some people think that liposuction might be the answer to their cellulite, but it can actually worsen it because it removes the deep deposits of fat and not the cellulite that sits just beneath the skin. Sometimes, Liposuction can cause depressions when removing the fat, which could lead to a worsening of cellulite.
Another treatment to be cautious of is mesotherapy. While there are those who stand by the benefits of this therapy (it is essentially the direct injection of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids) many still claim that there is not enough scientific evidence that it works or that it’s especially safe. The procedure can assist in breaking down fat and slightly improve the appearance of cellulite. It does, however, carry the risk of swelling, infection and scarring.
The LAB cure: Over the years, we have found that integrating a program of Physiolift, Sauna Wraps, Massage (deep tissue & lymphatic drainage), Body Boost Bed plus regulating diet and exercise, have caused a profound reduction in the appearance of cellulite. In many instances, we have totally eradicated cellulite as well as stretch marks.
Omnilux & Micro-Needling and/or Omnilux and Radio Frequency for smaller areas are perfect.
If this condition worries you, call LAB Skin Clinic for a complimentary consultation on 02 9909 3602.