Effective from 12th October 2021, in compliance with NSW Health orders, we have introduced temporary changes that may affect you and we apologise most sincerely beforehand if these cause you any inconvenience…
In line with NSW Government mandates, LAB Skin Clinic will require all clients and visitors to be double vaccinated before entering its premises.
Upon entry, clients will need to show proof of vaccination. For ‘how-to’ information, please click on this link: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination 1Oct 1832
Therefore, when LAB Skin Clinic reopens, for a temporary period of time (until we have achieved 90% community vaccination and ‘herd immunity’ – presumed to be 1st December), we shall only be able to offer appointments to those clients who have had two Covid vaccinations, with the last jab having been administered at least two weeks prior to the appointment.
Please ensure you use the QR Code to check in, before entering the premises, and wear a mask at all times whilst on the premises; the exception is when you are in the treatment room and undergoing your treatments. As always hand-washing upon arrival is still required as well as hand sanitiser afterwards.
All staff have had the minimum two jabs and shall be wearing masks at all times. As well, we shall continue to uphold the same level of hospital-grade cleaning and sanitation so you can be assured of your complete safety.
If you have a medical exemption that prohibits the wearing of a mask, please call either (02) 9170 4693 or 0406 176 719 to discuss.
Additional information ensure all visitors to LAB Skin Clinic are kept safe and the threat of COVID-19 infection is limited.
- Visits are strictly by APPOINTMENT ONLY – no popping in
- Please do not bring children or additional adults with you unless they are fully vaccinated and required as an approved carer or translator.
- All clients are asked to download the COVID-safe app and check in before entering our premises.
- Upon arrival at LAB, please show your Vaccination Certificate and wash your hands immediately in the bathroom.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to show your vaccination certificate, we are legally required to refuse you a service. In this instance a 100% cancellation charge will apply.
- Sanitiser is readily available at reception and at sanitising stations throughout the Clinic.
- Ongoing regular hospital-grade cleaning ensures that key contact areas are disinfected with antiviral sanitising cleaner between each client.
- Your aesthetician and all staff will be wearing a face masks and gloves to minimise the risk of asymptomatic viral spread.
- We are spacing our appointments further apart to minimise contact between patients and to allow for additional cleaning measures.
- In the waiting area, further spacing between chairs and the removal of all reading material and brochures ensures social distancing.
- Please observe social distancing whenever you are in the clinic.
- Only one client will be allowed in the public areas and treatment rooms at any one time
- Only disposable cups will be given for water and beverages. NO glasses or cups and saucers will be offered.
- All reading material and brochures have been removed from public areas, but brochures and handouts will still be available for you to take away.
- Please be aware, that if you leave anything in the clinic, it will have to be discarded.
- No client will wait for appointments
- If you suspect you may need to cancel (owing to ill-health or suspected illness), please notify us NO LATER than 5pm and 24 hours prior to your appointment to ensure that we can prevent downtime for staff. Less than this time will incur a 100% Cancellation Fee.
To make an appointment online, please click on the link below: