Facial Treatments at LAB Skin Clinic, Neutral Bay. Call 02 9170 4693
There are only TWO reasons for getting a Facial Treatment on a regular basis:
- Curing skin problems and thereafter maintaining a clear and healthy complexion
- Preventing and reversing the early onset signs of ageing
Why You Need Facial Treatments
Facial Treatments for Teenage Skin Problems
During your early teenage years your skin changes and you may encounter all sorts of problems from the occasional outbreak to full blown acne.
Whilst there is no definitive time frame for the need for a beauty therapy facial treatment, you can safely assume you will be within the vicinity of 14 to 19 years of age (sometimes problems can extend well into your 30s without the correct professional help).
The solution is a simple beauty therapy treatment and skincare prescription to place your skin in perfect balance (homeostasis)… not too oily and not too dry.
- Teach you how to cleanse correctly
- Prevent congestion, pimples, blackheads, milia, acne and scarring
- Safely perform extractions (when necessary)
- Overcome oily or dry skin and prescribe correct skincare
- Maintain a healthy and blemish-free complexion
- Prevent the onset of the signs of ageing (for example, fine lines, pigmentation, broken capillaries)
IMPORTANT WORD ABOUT OUTBREAKS: If you burst your own pimples (pustules are not caused by oily skin), the level of aggressive force can lead to acne scarring and hyperpigmentation (discoloured skin that looks bluish red). However, professional extractions will not cause damage to your skin.
Young Adults (20 years to 30 years)
A regular beauty therapy facial treatment (this could be seasonal, i.e. four times per year at the time when the change of season influences how your skin behaves) can build on the healthy skin that was achieved during your teenage years.
Alternatively, if your skin wasn’t maintained through a regular healthy facial treatment plan, then fine lines, pigmentation, freckles, scarring and dull skin may become evident. It is during this time, that genetics will play a role, for instance, signs of rosacea. As yet, ageing skin is relegated to superficial problems and easily eradicated with a regular beauty therapy routine. However, your skincare choices will need to change as you age through this decade.
From 30 to 36 years of age (this is not a precise age breakdown as everyone is unique), the sins of the past will now come to haunt you! This is when the signs of ageing become apparent but are still quickly reversed through beauty therapy treatments, correctly prescribed skincare and possible some technology interventions.
Anti-Ageing Facial Treatments
These are suitable for ages 37 years or older… Whatever facial treatments you have had in the past, will determine how much your skin has aged to this point and the amount of corrective work that needs to be done.
For ageing skin, a facial can stimulate circulation, flush away toxins, hydrate and stimulate collagen production, especially if used in combination with microdermabrasion and LED light therapy.
Here are the usual steps you can expect in a facial, although your esthetician may vary these slightly, according to your skin condition:
- Facial steaming and cleansing starts the process of your facial treatment. These processes are very gentle and relaxing. If this is your first facial treatment, it may be necessary to use an ultrasonic brush to deliver a deeper cleanse and stimulate circulation.
- The next step is exfoliation, such as a physical scrub, microdermabrasion or enzyme peel. This second phase may include all three processes.
- The third step may be extractions (when necessary) using a comedone extractor, lancet or clinical probe, which gently remove whatever is clogging the pore/hair follicle. (Comedones are plugs of sebum (oil) and dead skin which clog the openings of your hair follicles). If you have a lot of comedones to extract, you may need to return for a second visit.
- An LED treatment will follow to accelerate healing and reduce redness.
- The final stage of your facial treatment will be a mask, an infusion, or simply a massage with active ingredients. This is determined by the condition of your skin and the treatment objective and usually takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Finishing your facial treatment will include skincare products that have been customised to your specific problem or skin condition and finally sunscreen.
Benefits of Facial Treatments
Regular facial treatments will give you fresh, clear, clean, smooth, plumped, hydrated and radiant skin. You will delay fine lines, wrinkles and skin laxity for longer than your peers, who neglect facial treatments. Importantly, facial treatments are worth the time and expense… In fact, they are an investment into a youthful appearance that is much cheaper to maintain than expensive technology interventions.
- Diminish Redness & Signs Of Rosacea
- Dull & Lacklustre Skin
- Folds & Skin Laxity
- Oily/dry skin
- Lines & Wrinkles
In the long run, if you start sooner rather than later, you’ll actually save money and look more yourthful.
Types of Facial treatments
A facial treatment can be a very quick and simple solution that may have integrated elements, depending upon how the skin presents.
However, to determine the best remedial facial therapy treatment and skincare prescription, you will require a consultation during which time your skin type, age, health, diet, environment, stress levels and genetics are considered to help formulate a targetted plan to:
- control the cause of the problem
- eradicate blemishes
- attain a clear and well-behaved complexion
- educate you on how to manage your skin independently
- prevent scarring and further problems
In fact, very quickly (usually within a few weeks) most of our young clients (who follow their recommendations scrupulously) find themselves receiving countless compliments for their gorgeous skin!
NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, you will require an adult to accompany you.
Come in for a consultation and tell us what you concerns are. Book an appointment by calling us on 02 9170 4693 or click on the link below. Find out how you can have flawless and more youthful looking skin.