Neutral Bay’s Experts Youthful Rejuvenation Treatment
IPL Skin Rejuvenation, at LAB Skin Clinic Neutral Bay, is a safe, permanent, comfortable and non-ablative method to treat acne, acne scarring, fine lines, wrinkles, vascular, pigmentation and skin rejuvenation to produce clear and satiny smooth skin, which will help you look your most youthful and attractive…
And there is no downtime…
Our latest Spectrum Lumiere Pro IPL (alternatively called IPL Light Therapy and photo-rejuvenation) gives you superior results and more comfortable treatments…
Designed to offer both standard IPL treatments as well as in-motion treatments for skin rejuvenation, rather than one high energy pulse, this latest technology offers multiple lower energy pulses, which accumulates more energy resulting in the following benefits:
- Safer treatments
- Correct accumulated energy gives better results
- More comfortable treatments
- Faster treatments while improving results
- Improved cooling for increased comfort
All our operators are accredited and have had more than 10 years’ experience each. LAB Skin Clinic has completed over two million successful treatments and no client has ever had a genuine problem, so you’re in safe hands.
We use IPL technology that is scientifically proven, state-of-the-art and medical grade. This advanced and highly powered, yet gentle, IPL technology gives you superior results with FEWER treatments.
IPL skin rejuvenation firms the skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reduces enlarged pores, refines skin texture, eradicates red veins and broken capillaries, erases Rosacea, sun and age spots, pigmentation and acne and acne scarring.
For best results, and depending upon the severity of your skin condition, you will require a course of approximately 4 to 6 (in severe case up to 12) treatments.
In all instances a Diagnostic Evaluation and Patch Test must be conducted prior to treatment, the cost of which is redeemable off a course of treatments.
Come in for a complimentary chat and tell us what you concerns are, or book a more detailed diagnostic skin evaluation by calling us on 02 9909 3602 or click on the link below to make an appointment. Find out how you can have flawless and more youthful looking skin. And relax… you’re at the right place!
IPL systems work on the same principle as laser light energy, which is absorbed into the target cells that have colour (chromophores) in the skin and that light energy is converted to heat energy, which causes damage to the specific target area. However IPL technology is also different to laser in that it is a non-ablative resurfacing technique, which means that it targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) without affecting the top layers of skin (epidermis).
IPL technology delivers multiple wavelengths (or colours) in each pulse of light with incorporated filters to refine the energy output, which enhances penetration without using excessive energy levels. This enables effective targeting of specific chromophores (the skin components that absorb light).
The advantage of IPL therapy is its minimal downtime – clients can have the procedure done in their lunch break and return to work immediately afterwards.
What does IPL Skin Rejuvenation involve?
Prior to any treatment, your specialist will evaluate your skin, clearly define your expectations, and their achievability, and explain the process, timing and costs to you…
Thence, each of your IPL treatments is quick, straightforward and there is no downtime:
- You must avoid direct sun exposure at least 6 weeks prior to and after treatment.
- A topical anaesthetic may be applied to the area but is not usually necessary. You may advise your specialist accordingly.
- A cold gel is applied to the treatment area to assist in the delivery of targeted light and the IPL’s integrated cooling system (along with the expertise of your operator) means there is no risk of burning.
- The smooth, glass surface of the IPL treatment head is applied to the skin, delivering precise pulses of light to the treatment area.
- Treatment sessions can range from 5 minutes (for a spot area) up to 40 minutes for a full face, neck and décolletage area.
- Throughout your treatment session you will be given protective eyewear to wear.
- Your sessions will be spaced every 3 to 6 weeks apart.
NOTE: For most clients, IPL treatments are relatively painless – the sensation being likened to a light pinch or the snap of a rubber band. If you do find it distressing, your specialist will help you to achieve a more comfortable and pleasant experience.
Are there any side effects?
In most cases NO; if there are any, they are minor and temporary; they include:
- Mild discomfort during treatment (reduced by contact cooling and if necessary, topical anaesthetic)
- Skin turning pink and a little sore immediately after the procedure.
- Stinging and/or hot sensation similar to that of a mild sunburn
- Redness, peeling and slight swelling that may last a few days after treatment.
- Rarely, skin pigment may absorb too much light energy and blistering can occur.
- Sometimes the pigment cells (melanocytes) can be damaged leaving darker or paler patches of skin. White patches or scars are rarely permanent.
- Hair loss may occur.
- Bruising affects up to 10% of patients
What can IPL treat?
- Flat, benign pigmented lesions (freckles, age spots, sunspots and general pigmentation)
- Facial vascular lesions (spider veins, red spots and broken capillaries)
- Diffuse redness, rosacea, couperose and red scarring
- Poikiloderma (a skin condition that consists of areas of increased and decreased pigmentation, prominent blood vessels, and thinning of the skin)
- Uneven skin colouring
- Enlarged and open pores
- Fine lines and shallow wrinkles
- Sun damage (pigmentation)
- IPL Light Therapy & Photo-rejuvenation treatments stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, so your skin will feel firmer, smoother and look clearer after a course of treatments.
So how do you decide what IPL Light Therapy & Photo Rejuvenation treatments are best for you?
You need experts who are highly educated and trained, skilled and experienced professionals who can de-mystify the variety of options and customise the best solutions for your particular skin concern.
At LAB Skin Clinic you get a 100% RESULTS guarantee – a sign that we have the ability to deliver you positive and amazing long-term results.
Come in for a complimentary consultation and tell us what you concerns are, or book a more detailed skin diagnostic evaluation by calling us on 02 9909 3602, or click on the link below to make an appointment. Find out how you can have flawless and more youthful looking skin. And relax… you’re at the right place!