Permanent Hair Removal at LAB Skin Clinic, Neutral Bay – Call 02 9909 3602 – is a safe treatment for permanent hair removal.
And… we can treat all hair colours, including:
- Light to dark-coloured hair
- Male & female hair
- Red, blond, grey, white hair
- Fine vellus (baby) hair
We use the world’s most advanced medical grade IPL technology, which is actually a better long-term solution to remove hair and impair hair re-growth, than laser hair removal.
First, a cool gel is applied to the treatment area and a hand-held treatment unit is gently applied to your skin. A pulsed flash of light is then conducted to the hair follicle and absorbed by the pigment, melanin, inside the hair shaft, where the heat safely disables the hair follicle.
When the IPL pulses of light are delivered to the hair, the cooling system, inbuilt into the hand-piece, prevents any pain… all you may feel is a mild sting, so no anaesthesia, ice packs or pain blockers are required.
To promote healing, you will be prescribed a special skin-soothing and regenerative cream, which you must apply to all treated areas.
NOTE: For successful and permanent hair removal, you will need several sessions (normally 6), which your therapist will discuss with you.
To make an appointment, click on the link below or call 02 9909 3602 for more information.
What do Permanent hair Removal treatments entail?
You will relax comfortably on a treatment bed with protective eye goggles. A specialist will apply a cool, clear gel on the treatment area and a smooth crystal head is gently placed in contact with the gel. A flash of light lasting a few milliseconds is delivered to the treatment site. This process is repeated with an overlapping until the entire area has been treated.
Your Questions Answered
- Will it hurt? 99% of clients say they experience a momentary mild to intense stinging sensation on their skin as the light pulses.
- How long before I see results? Everyone is different. Hair will usually start to fall out within 2 weeks; skin-rejuvenation will often give instant results. However, everyone experiences noticeable improvements after their first visit. Better and longer-lasting results than laser will be experienced after the 4th treatment.
- Must I have a skin check first? Yes. It is vital that we have your medical history to determine if there are any contraindications; this is for your safety.
- I’ve heard of people being burned. Lasers are the major culprits of burning however injury can also result with under-qualified operators. Our practitioners are highly trained and qualified with over 10 years’ experience each. We only use proven medical-grade equipment. At LAB Skin Clinic we have performed over 2 million successful treatments.
- Will my hair ever grow back? Yes. Hormonal events like puberty, childbirth or menopause can stimulate the growth of new hair. However, the old hair will not grow back.
CONTRAINDICATIONS to permanent hair removal
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, a written consent from your doctor is required before starting treatment. Please check with you doctor if you are unsure.
- A disease or genetic condition causing photosensitivity
- You take medications causing photosensitivity
- You have dermatitis or inflamed eczema
- You have a pacemaker and/or metal implants
- You tend to produce keloid or hypertrophic scars
- You have suntanned skin (Including fake/spray tan)
- You are pregnant
- You have Epilepsy
- You are on anticoagulant medications
Permanent Hair Removal Neutral Bay at LAB Skin Clinic – Call 02 9909 3602