Experts on removing Sun Spots & Pigmentation in Neutral Bay
Pigmentation & Sun Spots at LAB Skin Clinic, Neutral Bay- Call 02 9909 3602
Pigmentation and Sun Spots Removal at LAB Skin Clinic, Neutral Bay, Call 02 9909 3602 – has been a speciality for almost 17 years. Having conducted over two million treatments, safely and effectively, using powerful medical-grade technology, the results are flawless skin that make you look fresher, more youthful and more attractive.
Recent research has shown that pigmented skin is perceived to be more ageing than wrinkled skin!
Over 90% of the population has pigmentation of some sort… including sun and age spots, freckles and melasma. On the epidermis (outer skin layer), it can be easily removed using a variety of different technologies and skincare products.
PIGMENTATION is the skin’s natural self-defense mechanism against sun damage and we do not recommend you completely de-pigment such as with a deep peel, which uses phenol as the chemical solution and usually only requires one treatment in a lifetime. If you opt for this extreme solution, these deep peels should be performed by a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist only.
Causes of Pigmentation:
- Ultraviolet radiation (sunlight) – is the number one cause
- Hormonal imbalances – due to pregnancy, endocrine disease and oral contraceptive pills
- Genetic predisposition – especially susceptible are those who subject themselves to intense sun exposure and who have fair, light brown, yellow or olive skin
- Stress – it may destabilize the pigmentation system and cause the melanocytes to over-produce pigment
- Medications – photo toxic and photo-allergic medications (like tetracycline antibiotics), plus chemotherapy and radiotherapy; this hyper pigmentation will normally fade over a period of six months.
- Vitamin malabsorption – trouble absorbing nutrients through the intestinal wall will impair melanogenesis (the production of the pigment melanin (responsible for skin colour)
- Certain laser treatments – may cause hyper pigmentation (melasma), especially in people with darker skin
- Cellular hyper toxicity – caused by the topical application of synthetic perfumes, or some essential oils, followed by exposure to sunlight
Most skin damage occurs under the age of 18 so prevention is more desirable than removal:
- Avoid being in the sun without sun-protection.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of 30+
- Wear wide-brimmed hats (6 inches)
- Wear sun-protective clothing (shirts, long sleeves, long pants)
- Avoid exposure to the sun during the peak hours of 10 am to 4 pm
For effective pigmentation treatment, it is important, first, to accurately locate the hyper pigmentation (also known as melasma) to the epidermis or the dermis, which is done, professionally, with the use of LAB Skin Clinic’s various skin imaging technologies.
We have a variety of professional options: Exfoliation, peels, microdermabrasion, LED light, laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments all fade pigment spots to a greater (usually we totally eradicate them) or lesser degree, but the pigmentation will return with sun exposure.
LED, IPL and Laser Treatments are the most powerfully effective in the removal of age spots and pigmentation – especially when combined with cosmeceutical lightening products.
Plant-based lightening actives can be used during IPL or LED therapy, but be aware that most plant derived products cannot penetrate deep enough to reach the melanocytes* because the molecules of these products are too large. Plants or plant-based substances that are capable of lightening the skin include Licorice, Beta carotene, Birch, Sangui sorba officalinis, Scutelaria baicalensis, Bearberry and Mulberry.
After your treatment, we’ll recommend the best lightening skincare range for a superior lightening and tightening effect.
*Melanocytes are located at the bottom of the epidermis, in the stratum germinativum. To provide results, a product must reach the melanocytes in order to inhibit or regulate the tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for the activity of the melanocyte system.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Pigmentation can easily recur with repeated UV exposure, so we suggest after treatment you change your lifestyle to avoid sun exposure.
At LAB Skin Clinic you get a 100% RESULTS guarantee – a sign that we have the ability to deliver you positive and amazing long-term results.
Come in for a complimentary consultation and tell us what you concerns are, or book a more detailed skin diagnostic evaluation now on 02 9909 3602, or click on the link below to make an appointment. Find out how you can have flawless and more youthful looking skin.