Skin Needling & Growth Factors, Neutral Bay by LAB Skin Clinic. Call 02 9909 3602
Skin Needling & Growth Factors at LAB Skin Clinic Neutral Bay is one of the most effective ways to overcome a number of problems including:
- Breakouts & Pimples
- Dark Under-Eyes
- Dull & Lifeless Skin
- Enlarged Pores
- Poor Skin Tone & Texture
- Sagging Skin
- Under-Eye Puffiness
And when integrated with other technology treatments, the results are almost miraculous!
At LAB Skin Clinic, our aestheticians produce deep and effective skin needling treatments with little downtime but almost immediate visible improvements.
Call 02 9909 3602 for a complimentary consultation or book online by clicking on the link below.
Micro-Needling Post Procedure Instructions
Micro-needling, with Eclipse Micro Pen Elite, is one of the hottest procedures across the globe. Doctors, patients, celebrities and the media have all proclaimed positive results.
Post-procedure skin care is an important factor to help ensure a successful micro-needling session.
In conjunction with Eclipse Aesthetics, LAB Skin Clinic has formulated a dermal skincare system to address the specific needs of your skin to synergistically aid the healing process as well as improve its continued health.
The customised home care system includes:
- Cleanser: An all-in-one foaming cleanser that gently and thoroughly removes dirt and bacteria from the skin to speed up recovery time.
- B5 Restorative Serum: Infuses your skin with intense hydration and long-lasting moisture using an optimum blend of hyaluronic acid and enriched with Vitamin B5 to improve your skin’s water retention and regeneration, skin is left plump and noticeably hydrated. The fast-absorbing, silky-smooth serum softens fine lines and wrinkles to leave skin supple, restored and nourished.
- Growth Factor: Actively generates new skin cells; replenishes and nourishes the skin for a revitalized and whitened appearance; reduces free radicals and inhibits skin ageing through potent antioxidant actives; accelerates wound healing & eliminates scars by forming new cells .
- Triple Peptide Restorative serum moisturizes, plumps, cushions and invigorates recovering skin.
- Soothe & Hydrate: Intensive Hydrating Balm heals and comforts skin inflammation and eliminates free radicals caused by harmful chemicals and UV rays.
- Protect: The fifth part in the dermal rejuvenation system provides protection from both harmful UVA and UVB radiation without clogging the pores.
- Hydrating Mask: This is the final piece to the post-care system. It refreshes, revitalizes, hydrates and nourishes the skin.
Ongoing, your skin can benefit from other ingredients, such as vitamin C serum, skin brightener and possibly a bruise guard cream. All of these skin essentials can aid in daily maintenance, nourishment and treatment of your skin.
Your practitioner will prescribe an approved, post-session topical and skin care regimen after the session to help soothe, calm and protect the skin. Continue to use for 3 days. Active skincare regimen can be resumed again after day 3 to 4.
Skin Needling Downtime and Aftercare
What downtime to expect after a micro needling treatment:
Day 1: Severity of erythaema will depend on how deeply the session was performed. If you have a cosmetic procedure, the downtime will be minimal and last possible a few hours to less than a day. If you have a medical-grade procedure, the downtime will be a minimum of 24 to 48 hours.
Day 2: A red or pink hue will persist, similar to a moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable on the second day.
Day 3 to 4: Skin will become calmer but may remain pink or simply return to its normal colour. Swelling subsides.
- CLEAN – Use the recommended soothing cleanser with tepid water to cleanse your face for the following 48 hours and pat dry gently. Always make sure your hands are scrupulously clean when touching the area that has been needled.
- HEAL – Consult with your practitioner for your personalized skincare regimen.
- HYDRATE – Following your micro needling session, your skin may feel drier and more taut than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your micro needling session, as your skin starts to become rehabilitated, your practitioner will offer a peptide based topical.
- MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup is not applied for a minimum of 48 hours after the session, although your practitioner may recommend specialized mineral makeup that would be suitable for use during this period. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush or any makeup that has been double dipped.
- Do not wash your face for between 12 and up to 24 hours after your micro needling treatment (your practitioner will guide you). When you cleanse, gently massage the face with tepid water (a shower can provide an easier way to massage the face whilst washing at the same time), and remove all serum and other debris such as dried blood. This will improve the appearance of the skin and also allow for better subsequent absorption of any post-session topical.
- For the first 1-3 days, the skin may feel dry and tight. Frequent use of the B5 LAB-approved post- topical will help alleviate this as well as the use of moisturizers after day 2.
- After 2-3 days patients can return to regular skin care products or as soon as it is comfortable to do so. Vitamin A products are optimal and recommended.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 10 days if possible.
- Do not apply chemical sunscreen on the same day as the micro needling treatment. Only use LAB downtime approved physical defense sunscreen.